In 1999, Sherri Sarrouf, a local St. Jude advocate, decided to host an event to raise money and awareness for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Sherri believes that “Those that are strong in mind and body should give back to the sick and less fortunate.” Since its beginning, Fitness for a Cure has raised more than $2.8 Million dollars for the kids of St. Jude. Fitness for a Cure engages children as young as 5 years old to want to help those in need and understand selflessness.
We are dedicated in supporting St. Jude Children’s Research hospital and here’s why:
- St. Jude is where doctors send their toughest cases because St. Jude has the world’s best survival rates for the most aggressive childhood cancers.
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing and food – because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
- St. Jude is working to drive the overall survival rate for childhood cancer to 90 percent in the next decade. We won’t stop until no child dies from cancer.
- Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20 percent to more than 80 percent since it opened 50 years ago. We won’t stop until no child dies from cancer.
- Because the majority of St. Jude funding comes from individual contributors, St. Jude has the freedom to focus on what matters most – saving kids regardless of their financial situation.
- St. Jude freely shares the breakthroughs it makes, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children.
- Unlike any other hospital, the majority of funding for St. Jude comes from individual contributions. Thanks to generous donors, families never receive a bill from St. Jude.
- St. Jude has increased the survival rates for acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) from 4 percent before opening in 1962 to 94 percent today.
- St. Jude has the world’s best survival rates for the most aggressive childhood cancers.
Here’s How YOU Can Help:
Any donation, large or small will help the kids of St. Jude.
“Start to finish, our experience with Neal & Concept has been wonderful. Neal took the time to educate us on the different options available and then design a system that fit our lifestyle. The fully integrated system enables us to listen to music, watch tv, control HVAC as well as monitor security. We use it all day every day. The team at Concept is professional, detailed, thorough & courteous. It’s been a pleasure to work with them.”
-- Zack & Laura,